21 Days in the word - Tool 12 - Probing The Word
The Bible describes seeking out wisdom as searching for gold. When we are probing the word we take a hard look under the surface to really answer the question “What are ways God could be speaking to me through this passage?” Rick Warren came up with the acronym S.P.A.C.E.P.E.T.S to remember different ways to probe. Simply speaking this is an acronym by which you take time to ask the Lord to show you if there are any of these things in your life.
“Is there a”
· Sin to confess?
· Promise to claim?
· Attitudes to be changed?
· Commands to obey?
· Examples to follow?
· Prayers to pray?
· Error to avoid?
· Truth to believe?
· Something to declare and praise God for?
“You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”
(2 Timothy 2:1-3)
· Sin - Lord forgive me for the times I have been just a consumer of what You have given me and not a contributor. Give me an awareness and grace to pass on what I have received from You to others.
· Promise - Thank You Lord for the promise of strength in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. I specifically claim the promise of Your grace being sufficient in my areas of weakness. Today, I feel physically tired, but I trust Your energy in my tiredness will cause me to rise up and keep going refreshed in You.
· Attitude - Lord give me a positive attitude for the criticism and push back I get for doing Your will. Let me positive in the midst of any kind of adversity or suffering for You.
· Commands - I thank You and receive this command to disciple others as something I pursue with joyful obedience. Show me who You want me to pass on what I was taught by others about You.
· Example - Lord empower me to be the example Paul was to Timothy. He simply pointed to the things that Timothy saw him do as the example of what Timothy should do for others. Lord I am going to keep looking for reliable people that I can help qualify and encourage to teach others.
· Prayer - This reminds me to pray for Your persecuted church today all over the world. I pray especially for those who’ve lost a parent, spouse, or child to persecution. Comfort and strengthen them. If they are in prison bring a miracle Lord for their release.
· Error - I have made the mistake of trusting unqualified people to teach others. Forgive me Lord for not screening and taking the time to train people well before they are released to teach others.
· Truth - Dear Lord I believe that You will use my effort to invest in mentoring and discipling people to multiply my life and our church. I believe that as I train these I’ve chosen You are going to powerfully use them to train others.
· Something to declare - I praise You God and declare that You are going to give every Heart for the World member the strength of grace. As they model and teach their children and others to walk in the truth of God’s I believe they are going to multiply and be fruitful and the gospel of Jesus is going to take off and spread like never before. Amen