PRAYER TOOLS – PART 3 SEVEN CORE MISSIONAL PRAYERS FOR WORLD EVANGELISM
In Matthew 24:14 (NKJV) Jesus said, … this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
There is nothing more central to the heart of Jesus than seeing the harvest of souls from every tribe, tongue, and nation reached. We have said that the theme Scripture of HFTW is Psalms 2:8, “Ask of Me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession.”
Jesus has asked for this and we, his servants stand in agreement with our Master that this shall come to pass, and we are praying that it come to pass in our generation. As intercessors we stand watch and we stand in support of all efforts to advance the gospel. We are like the “air power”, the spiritual bombers that soften the battle zones for those gospel soldiers advancing on the ground. We know that Jesus said this begins with praying for laborers, “harvest hands,” for a stirring of global mission zeal and for the advance of the gospel not only by word, but works, and wonders.
SEVEN THINGS TO AGREE IN PRAYER FOR THE ADVANCE OF THE GOSPEL.
1. Revitalization and Reviving: Every church member to totally and completely surrender our lives and hearts: no secrets, strongholds, but hearts fully surrendered, uncorrupted, contagious Christians. This revitalization is birthed in hearts, but formed in marriages and families. It is only as we are purified and sanctified will we be the salt and light we need to be to influence and reach our world.
2. Community Transformation: The capturing of all of the gates of our cities to become places where God’s glory is displayed, by the activation and execution of God’s ambassadors in those places (The gates of business/enterprise, churches in unity, arts and entertainment, government, family, law enforcement, medical fields, education, kids and youth, social services). In community transformation, we pray for all in authority to be governed by God, in a way that the church might fulfill her calling to live as bold witnesses for Christ.
3. Justice and Compassion: The voices of the victims of injustice and the cries of the poor would be heard and acted upon through the church, in our cities and the world. This includes all of the needs discussed in Mat. 25:34-40.
4. The 4-14 Windows: The little children would come to Him here and in the nations. We are praying for revival to rise among kids and youth and that the next generation would stand on our shoulders and have a double portion.
5. The Great Commission Advance of Jesus: For all that must happen for Jesus to be known, obeyed and loved in all the world by every tribe and tongue.
This prayer includes intercession for the apostolic call upon our church and the leaders of mission outreach and organizations.
God’s favor would be especially on all that it takes to see the workers in the harvest sent, supported, anointed, and held up in prayer, that Jesus might receive the “full reward for His suffering”.
Prayer that the Holy Spirit will mightily convict of sin and make every heart in our community ready to receive Christ, giving us the boldness, wisdom, and grace to bring them all in. This also includes prayers for signs and wonders to accompany the preaching the gospel wherever it is advanced.
Acts 4:29-30 (NKJV) was a key pivotal prayer for the advance of the gospel in the early church and it is vital for the church today. “Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
The result: They preached filled with the Holy Spirit and boldness, bearing witness to the message with miracle signs and wonders.
6. The Prayer for Unity and Partnership: We believe that the global cause of God is directly linked with unity among Christians and churches and the strategic partnerships of the Body of Christ, working together locally and globally to maximize our effectiveness. John 17:21 …that they all may be one… that the world may believe…
7. The Total Mobilization of the Body of Christ: We are praying that the church would grow and prevail, by the activation of every member in their gift and calling and that the church would increase by that which every part of the body supplies.
We are praying for the total empowerment of all Christians to begin to operate in all of their gifts:
To do the works of Jesus on Earth, including signs and wonders, good works of love and compassion, and unifying works of service.
To allow the church to be an unstoppable-soul-winning machine in the accomplishment of her mission to bring all to the knowledge of the faith.
Specifically, we are praying that this total mobilization begins where it is most needed: The call of the whole church to their vital role of prayer in the prayer army of Jesus.